ECS Ltd are specialists in delivering electrical services in the care home sector. We currently provide electrical services to one of the largest UK charities that provide care, accommodation and support services for older people throughout Britain.
Our priority is to make sure every care home is safe and fully compliant with relevant regulations. The regular electrical safety tests, inspections, remedials and installations that we have carried out in care homes over the years has resulted in us having a solid understanding and an empathetic approach when it comes to dealing with elderly residents.
One of the biggest challenges we face when working in care homes is that the homes, like hospitals, need to function 24/7 365 days a year and any electrical testing (including in residents rooms, kitchens, offices and communal areas) must be carried out when the home is fully occupied.
Isolation of power will affect many people at any one time so ensuring we have constant contact with scheme managers and care staff throughout the building is essential.
In care homes, you would typically have a lot of residents, all with different needs, many who are relying on electrical airbeds, electric hoists and other medical machinery.
Other challenges we encounter includes:
- Minimising disruption to residents and staff when accessing several rooms that are all on one power circuit.
- Flexible and adaptable working in response to very sick residents who rely on medical machinery, i.e. when it is not possible to switch off the power.
- Kitchens are constantly in use until late at night and it isn’t always convenient to carry out the work during a normal working day, so engineers often work very early or very late.
- Working in dementia care homes requires additional interaction with the care staff and residents. Our priority is to minimise disruption.
We work considerately and sensitively, carefully planning and carrying out all the electrical work. Our services are tailored to fit each care home contract.
All ECS engineers attend our assessment centre for theory and practical tests prior to commencing work for us to ensure that their quality, competency and customer service skills meet the required levels. Every engineer is given a safeguarding induction at the same time, as well as being DBS and qualification checked.
In addition, our qualified teams work to the latest guidelines and use the best technology and processes to offer:
- A dedicated Contract Manager from start to finish
- Expert advice and workmanship to provide a premium service
- Advanced data collection and reporting systems tailored to individual requirements and specifications using our bespoke software system
- Minimal certification turnaround time thanks to our efficient IT and software systems
Get in touch to discover more on 01536 650722 or visit www.ecs-group.co.uk